Hub International Premium Analyst in Woodbury, New York
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited (“HUB”) is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the Position:
This position will report to the Payables Manager and is responsible for transactional accounting and bookkeeping processes specifically related to “Carrier Payables” for the Northeast region. This position will also provide accounting support to the Manager in any analytical work required from time to time. The individual in this position may be required to do the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
• Reconcile carrier statements & Make timely disbursements.
• Resolution of billing discrepancies on accounts with client / carriers.
• Communicate with AE on any cancellations and provide status updates when known.
• Record and process return premiums from carriers.
• Record daily cash / bank activity and apply to appropriate transaction in thebroker management system
• Analyze, research, and resolve complex problems related to carrier payables.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with client service personnel.
• Maintain proper paper / electronic files of all records.
• Assist with the annual carrier or financial audits.
• Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed necessary to meet department deadlines and goals.
• Any other duties as the Manager assigns from time to time.
• Associate degree or better in accounting/finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
• 3-4 years of experience in accounting field preferably in Insurance Industry.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Basic to Intermediate Excel skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail.
Location: United States, New York, Woodbury
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 10-Jul-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.