Hub International Commercial Insurance Broker (Non-Profit) in Toronto, Ontario
Commercial Insurance Broker (Non-Profit)
Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for a strong Account Associate with the ability to support busy and high volume Non-Profit commercial accounts. This is an ideal role for an organized and customer focused individual with a strong commercial insurance foundation. This role will involve working independently and collaboratively.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
The Commercial Lines Account Associate provides account support to Account Managers for a busy non-profit book of business providing top notch client service. This role is ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong communication and empathy skills. We are looking for a strong team player who can work in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner.
The primary responsibilities include:
· Execution of insurance certificates, pre-renewal letters, liability slips, binders, proposals and processing of client documents i.e. endorsements and policies
· Calculation of PST, Invoicing, execution of premium finance forms, correction of commission differences, addressing accounting inquiries
· Maintaining/updating Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal) as required
· Communicating with insurance companies – sending requests, follow ups etc.
· Research and analyze client coverage trends to identify areas of risk and opportunities
· Inputting data and setting up electronic client and prospect screens to Epic
· Maintaining effective abeyance system
· Claims reporting, request claim runs etc.
· Assist with Account receivables
· Attends client, program and underwriting meetings where required
Qualifications and Experience:
Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
Active RIBO License
Minimum 2 years of commercial insurance account support experience desired
Prior commercial programs experience an asset
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
Previous experience with insurance broker management systems i.e. Epic, TAM etc.
Strong organizational, time and client management skills
Effective communication skills: verbal and written
Strong attention to detail and process oriented
Strong team player
Proactive and customer focused approach i.e. empathy
Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship- encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 31-Jul-2018
Department: Account Management & Service