Hub International Employee Benefits Senior Account Manager in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Senior Employee Benefits Account Manager works collaboratively with the Producer and Account Executive managing a book of business. Coordinates and provides day-to-day service for employee benefits clients by maintaining client relationships, supporting client retention, maintaining strong carrier relationships and understanding client needs. Serves as day to day contact and provides resolution for client questions and issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates on delivering multi-year strategic plan.
· Manages projects in concert with the client including, but not limited to, all vendor implementation.
· Provides benchmarking reports to client (annually, quarterly or monthly)
· Maintains client relationships, supports client retention, maintains strong carrier relationships, and understands client needs
· Manages claims and coverage issue resolution for clients’ employees when elevated from HR.
· Provides assistance with clients’ billing and eligibility audits, and on occasion may conduct these audits for clients independently.
· Advises and guides clients in compliance matters and sends monthly reports to client.
· Facilitates preparation of open enrollment (OE) packets including SBCs and disclosure notices.
· Creates employee benefit booklets
· If there is no Account Executive on the team, develops open enrollment presentations and conducts benefits webinars and/or records Brainshark presentations for employees and HR Managers.
· Orders supplies from carriers, and reviews for accuracy.
· Manages new carrier, plan or vendor implementation including benefits administration system build-out and project management.
· Installs and regularly updates client specific data in BenefitPoint.
· Performs contract review and facilitates preparation of SPD Wraps, Cafeteria and POP Plan documents.
· Facilitates 5500 preparation.
· Prepares master group files, client contact sheet, and maintains carrier files.
· If there is no Plan Analyst or an Assistant Plan Analyst on the team, handles Renewal Prep through BenefitPoint and Spreadsheets
· If there is no Plan Analyst or an Assistant Plan Analyst on the team, assists in the RFP process as needed, such as proposal development including preparing census, entering and updating pivotal information as needed, on-line quoting, and Marketing a group when requested
· Provide mentorship with Account Administrators/Assistant Plan Analysts where applicable
· Coordinates client contact changes with Producer/Account Executive
· Must follow HUB Broker Standards
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Team Work – Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Quality Management – Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Project Management – Ability to lead a team and adhere to deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education
· Minimum High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· At least 5-7 years of related experience working as an Account Manager or Account Representative in the employee benefits arena (equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable).
· Client facing experience required
· L&H License required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. Some travel required by car to meet with clients and other outside events.
Must hold a valid Driver’s License
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and teammates.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a big plus.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point; follow guidelines on working in BMS (Benefit Point) for premium efficiency with your team.
Location: United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 15-Nov-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.