Hub International Financial Analyst in Oakville, Ontario
HUB International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industryHUB International continues to grow and we are looking for a Financial Analyst. This role will be based in Oakville, Ontario and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management Team, this position reports to the Finance Manager.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
· Responsible for preparation of financial statements for assigned client group
· Implement new reporting requirements as requested by management
· Monthly variance analysis and results presentation to management team
· Budget preparation and forecasting
· Research, identify, and communicate key variances relating to financial and operational metrics
· Create, organize and maintains files using database and spreadsheet programs
· Reconciliations of various sub ledgers to general ledger
· Assist local accounting staff with billing issues as required
· Miscellaneous Ad Hoc Analysis as required
The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented individual who possesses a strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and is able to perform well in a team oriented work environment.
· College Diploma in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
· Strong accounting and bookkeeping skills.
· 3 years of financial analysis work experience
· Highly motivated with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Excellent communication, analytical, research and follow through skills.
· Accounting designation an asset – CPA, CMA, CGA (or working towards)
· Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel (Advanced Level) and Outlook
· Experience with insurance systems and Hyperion an asset
· Related insurance experience an asset.
· Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
· Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
· Integrity – doing things right every time
· Teamwork – working together to maximize results
· Discipline - focused on goals
· Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
· Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Oakville
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 5-Jun-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance