Hub International Marketer in Lafayette, Louisiana
HUB International Limited (“HUB”) is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
General Description (SUMMARY, Scope, Purpose)
Under the direction of the CSO and/or Marketing Manager, is responsible for the effective marketing of insurance risks to companies in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the analysis of line of business and insurance company production trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies.
· Market all lines of commercial insurance and directly impacts revenue goals through the acquisition of new business and the retention of renewals.
· Underwrite commercial accounts within insurance company delegated underwriting authority, guidelines and procedures.
· Acts as account liaison for the producer in dealing with other departments within Hub International Gulf South for the quoting of specialized lines of coverage.
· Assist producers with pre-underwriting information gathering and coverage analysis if needed.
· Execute a quality control process for quotations delivered assuring coverage, condition, rating and pricing accuracy.
· Effectively build relationships with insurance company underwriters through a pattern of professional risk submissions, company visitations and hard, but fair, negotiations.
· Maintain state of the art knowledge of market underwriting appetite, line of business trends, insurance company changes, rating technique and coverage development.
· Demonstrate an understanding of our company utilization strategies by appropriate risk submissions.
The essential duties contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Work Experience Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of marketing or underwriting experience
College or University Degree
Intermediate to Advanced Level of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Knowledge of all forms of property and casualty coverage rating.
Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and markets.
Location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 14-Jun-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.