Hub International Claims Consultant in Houston, Texas
The role of the Claims Consultant is to facilitate the processing of claims in accordance with established policy; act as a liaison between the carrier and the representative and/or end client; be a strong advocate for the client; be a consultant to the client on claim issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
· Work with accounts to ensure efficient, prompt and smooth flow of handling of all claims, ensuring that established processes are followed.
· Provide guidance to client as to claim process along with direction regarding likely outcome and timelines.
· Liaise with carriers and representatives through claim process.
· Maintain claim files, diary, and/or record keeping, etc.
· Answer basic coverage questions.
· Interpret policy language.
· Work with team on the accurate filing of claims.
· Conduct and participate in claim reviews
· Setting educational goals to improve personal performance/continuing education.
· Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
work experience requirements
At least 5 year of insurance claims management experience, with a heavy focus on Property & Casualty (P&C) claims
Customer Service experience
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Intermediate to Advanced Level of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word and Excel)
General familiarity with handling high volume of work
· College or University Degree an asset
Licensing or certification Requirements
· Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
· Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 29-Mar-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.