Hub International Personal Lines Insurance Practice Leader in Columbia, South Carolina
General Description (SUMMARY, Scope, Purpose)
This position is responsible for the leadership and execution of corporate goals for all Personal Lines departments within Hub Carolinas. In addition, this position is also responsible for carrier management, developing distribution channels, building strategic business relationships, and providing guidance and support for all Personal Lines personnel. Reports directly to the Hub President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, in conjunction with the President & COO, a Personal Lines business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales, business retention and revenue goals in the region
Accountable for regional Personal Lines growth as per budgets and objectives, and to address shortfalls and strategies to combat shortfalls with President
Provide a vision and growth plan for how the company will remain profitable and how the Personal Lines team will expand its capabilities in the high net worth space
Promote interdepartmental resource sharing, identify opportunities for cross selling and capitalize on similar association marketing
· Coordinate with CSO and local Area Leaders to implement sales initiatives in conjunction with HUB policies and procedures.
· Strategize with Operations Managers and local Area Leaders to retain business year over year
· Identify opportunities for growth within the region by securing new contacts and driving business through the region’s Personal Lines producers
· Identify and recruit qualified producer candidates and develop them through effective and meaningful guidance and support
· Build and foster a client-centric sales environment that is focused on new business development, retention and relationship development
· Work with producers to establish agreed upon sales goals through book analysis and annual business planning. Coach, develop and motivate Personal Lines producers to achieve sales goals
· Develop and maintain an environment where personal lines team members are challenged, have opportunities to learn and contribute, and are fairly recognized and rewarded
- Establish a positive culture dependent on maximizing the strengths of each employee with a concentration on career pathing, growth and development
· Provide ongoing communication regarding priorities, progress towards goals and information needed to ensure success
- Work with local sales leaders and Regional CMO to ensure producer compliance with HUB’s 3C Carrier initiative
· Assist in developing sales and marketing strategies along with communications to optimize HUB’s position in the marketplace
· Positively and proactively represent HUB in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events
The essential duties contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements
· At least 7 years of progressive Personal Lines experience, majority must be within an agency, brokerage or consulting firm.
- Demonstrated track record as a Managing Producer or Team Leader in developing a consultative sales platform for sales and account management
· Extensive knowledge of Personal Lines products and local marketing environment
· Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning
Must have willingness to partner with other business lines to maximize Regional growth goals
A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates
· Aggressive, passionate and driven in goal setting and approach to successfulachievement
· Self-starter who takes initiative and maintains excellent follow-through and follow-up
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
· Superior organizational, leadership, and team-work skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Performs well in a fast-paced environment and can multitask with ease
· Ability to develop high-performance producers by promoting productive attitudes, behaviors, and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as insurance & finance software
High school graduate (or equivalent). Bachelor’s degree in business (i.e. finance, management), or related field preferred
Licensing or Certification Requirements
Property & Casualty license required
Location: United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Location: United States, South Carolina, Charleston
Location: United States, North Carolina, Charlotte
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 20-Feb-2018
Department: General Management
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.