Hub International Financial Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
About HUB International:
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, our focus isdedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control.Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
About the Position:
As part of the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team, the Financial Analyst will maintain and distribute existing reporting and analysis as related to financial and operational metrics. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, you will work closely with our sales organization.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
· Participate in monthly acquisition budget update process, annual budget process, and forecast process
· Team with regional finance partners by asking questions to identify key business reasons on variances to budget and prior year
· Create, organize, and maintain files using database and spreadsheet programs
· Improve upon existing reporting as requested by management
· Implement new reporting requirements as requested by management
· Retrieve and organize data into required reporting formats
· Research, identify, and communicate key variances relating to financial and operational metrics
· Provide ad-hoc financial and operational analysis to support business decisions
· Contribute to preparation of business presentations for all levels of management
· Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
· Microsoft Excel skills
· PowerPoint knowledge
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Minimum GPA of 3.0
· Exposure to Oracle and Hyperion
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Required Experience: Less than 1 year
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 6-Dec-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.