Hub International Employee Benefits Account Executive in Chicago, Illinois
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, our focus isdedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control.Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, andprovide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
· are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
have a desire to help others protect their future
have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
The Account Executive (AE) will provide professional, courteous account management and brokerage services to assigned clients, having the primary responsibility for account retention. Working alongside cognizant Producers (aka “Client Executives / Sales”) as assigned, the AE shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts, including redundant interface with appropriate decision makers, proactive consultation, insurance program design, carrier interface/marketing, coordination of risk control resources, relevant collaboration with colleagues throughout HUB, and negotiation of coverage terms and conditions.
· Working alongside and cooperatively with Producers, if assigned on accounts, serve as the HUB’s primary consultant to the client. The Producer has primary responsibility for client relationship management and initiating new sales. The AE has primary responsibility for retaining the account, acting as the de facto technical expert and broker-consultant. (In some instances no Producer will be assigned and the AE also is primarily responsible for client relationship management.)
· Ensure Producers, when assigned, are fully informed about and prepared for all client meetings and interfaces so as to be able to competently and proactively manage the client relationship.
· Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with “C-Level” and other cognizant decision makers for assigned HUB clients.
· Possess a detailed knowledge of the client’s business and industry, being able to articulate applicable exposures to loss, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/control solutions.
· Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant insurance carrier marketing, underwriting, and risk control staff, including a detailed familiarity with each carrier’s products and services in support of assigned clients.
· Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of risk control services, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
· Work cooperatively and professionally with cognizant CSS colleagues to deliver HUB services as described above, using the interface as an opportunity to teach, train, and mentor CSS team members. Provide input and feedback to the Client Services Manager (CSM) as to the performance of CSS staff on assigned accounts.
· Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered, either directly by the AE or via HUB colleagues (e.g. CSS, CPU, Risk Control, etc.). The AE is accountable for the competence, timeliness, and quality of all deliverables to the client.
· Conduct annual review w/clients making coverage and loss control recommendations focused on reducing the clients total cost of risk.
· Manage HUB Top 200 process.
· Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the clients needs, initiating same. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
· Work with the Producer, if assigned, or be primarily responsible for maintaining current receivable status for assigned clients. Proactive efforts to collect receivables more than 30 days past-due should be undertaken, with each unresolved circumstance documented and reported to accounting.
· Possess a mastery of the various HUB resources and tools that are available via “HUB Today,” employing same to best serve assigned clients and work with cognizant Producers.
· Be knowledgeable about and comply with HUB systems, procedures and state/federal insurance regulations.
· Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media. This may range from conducting internal training to a sales or renewal presentation at a client’s office.
· Be actively involved with professional and/or civic associations on behalf of HUB.
· This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
· BA or BS degree preferred
· At least 7 years of experience servicing large accounts
· Experience with influencing C-level executives
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint programs
· High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
· Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
· Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
· Willingness to travel
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Date published: 2-Nov-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.