Hub International Employee Benefits Account Manager in Brentwood, Tennessee
ABOUT HUB INTERNATIONAL:
HUB International Limited (“HUB”) is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At HUB we believe in investing in the future of our employees. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment of open feedback and improvement that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits offerings
Medical/dental/vision/life insurance wand voluntary insurance options
Health Savings Account funding
401k matching program
Life and Disability Plans
Great work/life balance, because that’s important for all of us!
The ability to be a part of a motivated, winning team with the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are amongst the top talent in the industry!
Growth potential - HUB is constantly growing and so can your career!
A rewarding career that helps local businesses in the community
The Account Manager manages a book of insurance business with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making. As an Account Manager it is important to provide professional and courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, Underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
· Responsible for overall retention of accounts and assigned book of business by partnering closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewals while adhering to HUB’s best practices and standard procedures
· Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate
· Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
· Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary and appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representative. Ensures the quality and accuracy of data in all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems and prepares reports for Management as required
· Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability and may negotiate with Underwriters and carriers
· Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients by attending industry-related continuing education training and courses
· Acts as a consultant and makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to industry shifts and changes independent of Manager approval
· Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated, complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve and troubleshoot claims and billing issues
· Travels on company business as required
· Monitors functions performed by junior-level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers and supports, mentors and trains as necessary
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned
· Minimum of 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an Insurance Account Management role in required lines. Brokerage experience is preferred
· Superior customer service and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent written and verbal English communications skills required
· Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems
· Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB’s facility(s) and willingness to travel on business when required
· Supervisory, project leader, mentor or team leader experience preferred
EDUCATION, LICENSING OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree preferred
· Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states with all necessary CE credits
· Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC)
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Location: United States, Tennessee, Brentwood
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 2-Jul-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.