Hub International Account Manager - Employee Benefits in Albuquerque, New Mexico
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
• are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
• have a desire to help others protect their future
• have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
• are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
• are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
• believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
HUB’s Customer Service professionals provide critical support to our customers through account management, claims management, day-to-day client oversight, and underwriting services that make us a leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. Through a robust network of resources, you will be among some of the industry’s top talent to help guide and support our customer’s needs and provide them with innovative solutions.
This role requires an individual who is professional and who displays the drive, determination, and self-motivation to build a business. Specifically, your mission will be to service and maintain existing accounts while uncovering opportunities for increasing business.
• Manages a book of insurance business, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making
• Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations
• Provides a high level of support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business
• May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures
• Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts
• Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability. Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval
• Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues
• Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business
• Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate
• Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary
• Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems
• Travels on company business as required. Prepares reports for management as required.
• Supports, mentors, and trains Account Representatives, as necessary
• Attends industry related continuing education training and courses
• Requisite insurance license
• A high school diploma required; some college preferred
• Above-average telephone techniques and the ability to communicate effectively with prospective and existing clients, as well as other staff members
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability and willingness to utilize company’s computer system and software
• Strong typing skills with an ability to compose clear and concise letters
• Ability to understand policy forms and coverage descriptions
• Organizational skills required
• Willingness to attend educational classes desired
• High attention to detail essential
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we’re HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB’s vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.